I offer this 8-week workshop for 6 to 10 people. The sessions are held weekly for 1 ½ hours. Every session is divided into ¾ hours of lectures, ½ hours of active guided meditations integrating what you learned, followed by ¼ hours discussion of the trance experience. It is not group therapy: there is no personal disclosure, no cross talk, and no help offered by the participants to each other. Nonetheless, strength in numbers happens, a bond is formed, and modeling and hearing truthful experiences of each other heightens the learning.
If You Could Be Calm, About Being Angry, What Would It Be Like?
An angry person is often a traumatized child of an angry parent. In order to manage their anger, this person needs to learn how to form a nonreactive and calm relationship to their anger so that they don't repeat their childhood patterns on themselves, or anyone else. This workshop effectively teaches you that you can be calm and how to be calm while being angry.
Week 1. Introduction.
This introduction will explain the following:
- Why anger exists in everyone
- How Anger Happens
- What Are the Other Sources of Anger
- Traumatizing Parent Creates Traumatized and Angry Child
- Spoiled Child becomes angry adult too
Week 2. How do we get calm with anger?
- The Therapy Approaches that never work
- Cognitive Therapy Works
- Behavioral Therapy Works
Week 3. Learning to communicate, nicely, when angry.
- Assertion Vs. Aggression
- Why assertion makes you feel good.
Week 4. How to recognize the signs of an aggressive person.
- Learn from a vignette about a common frustrating situation
- Seven features shown by the tale
- Other attitudes that lead to aggression
- Important points to consider for anger control
Week 5. Deflecting Anger.
- Cognitive therapy Again
- Role Playing and Rehearsal
Week 6. Understanding Anger and all your Emotions.
- Emotions 101- Understand your emotions they have purpose
- What to do with all your emotions
- Why anger can be good
Week 7. Learning how to be calm period!
- Why Deep Relaxation?
- Why Music? Entrainment and Music Wisdom
Week 8. Active Guided Meditation with Music.
Milton Erickson's Principles and how trance aids Learning:
- Learn about and Trust the Unconscious mind
- Discover new capacities
- The Final Active Guided Meditation’s Major Themes
- Be calm rather than hot headed.
- Not hurting others is important.
- Anger expressed appropriately when first felt avoids later explosions.
- You only have control over yourself.
- Walk away/speak later if too angry.
- Check the facts before you react.
For more information on Dr. Albina's 8 week workshop dealing with Anger, please call (917) 747-9682 or email email@example.com.
To sign up for this workshop press here and Dr. Albina will contact you on the particulars for the next one being offered.